Each week I try and embark on a few micro adventures around my home base of Squamish B.C. and beyond. As I work a full time job I can’t always get away for long treks.
This is the first post in a series of adventures I will share this year. Each chapter will include a short description and photos.
*The term micro adventure was coined by British adventurer and author Alastair Humphreys and is defined as an outdoor adventure that is “small and achievable, for normal people with real lives”.
Friday in Joffre Lakes Provincial Park:
– The wind in our faces as we head up the winding road from Squamish to Pemberton B.C
– Easy trail and the views begin (Lower Joffre lake)
– Moving up higher and higher (Middle Joffre lake)
– The silence and simplicity
– Colours of a changing winter scene (Upper Joffre lake)
– See it fully now
– Companions for life and after that too
– Friends make time fly by so pleasantly
-All we need to feel alive and free
For more info and directions post an inquiry on my contact form! Or check out the Joffre Lakes info page.
Being in the mountains is all you need; whether you run, bike, hike or ski there. Just get there.